If the supply of the houses are more than the demand or the real estate boom is not there, most of the sellers are usually lower their prices than the market price and try to sell. However, you can take some advantages to get a good deal even in those situations.
- Check your agent’s online marketing worth: Because 92 percent of homebuyers start their hunt online. If the online listings are not interesting, they will never even get in the car to come see your house. A study by trulia.com reveals that a home listing with more than six photos are twice as likely to be viewed than below six photos.
- Making the deal sweeten: Offer terms or things attractive to the buyers. Those are like offer closing costs partially costing around a couple of thousand dollars or completely to the buyers, or transferable home warranty which costs around three to four hundred for a period like an year for appliances etc. Some buyers are interested on quickly closed properties; if possible offer it to attract the buyers.
- Make all necessary repairs: Complete all the major and minor repairs. Even the small repairs such as chipped paint on baseboard or leaky faucet can make to feel the buyers as the home is not properly maintaining and in some other ways too.
- Differentiate from neighbors: Consider additions such as a new roof, high-grade windows, or landscaping, or custom designs in order to make you home more memorable or attract the attention of the homebuyers. While adding value to the home this can help to improve the aesthetics of home.
- Clean the cluster: Before showing the house to the potential buyers, it is very important to remove all clutter from your home. Because the homebuyers can get the clear picture in the space. The clutter cleaning include putting away personal items, family photos, and remove furniture to make the space of the rooms bigger. You may hire a staging service to make it better. The staging service involves arranging furniture to make your home good appealing, depersonalizing, DE cluttering, and deeply cleaning. As per a survey by stagehomes.com and the International Association of Home Staging Professionals, 95% of the staged homes sell within or less than 23 days in an average.
- Improve curb appeal: Remember the phrase; first impression is the best impression. Whenever the homebuyer is coming, he/she first look the external appearance. They usually look for the house fit in the surrounding environment and the neighbor houses. Therefore, you need to focus on the curb appeal of your house. Paint the good colors, flowers and green plants in front of house etc.
For most of the homebuyers, it is a precious and most expensive even in fast moving market. Selling a house in a dull market is difficult task. Do whatever you can do to make your home to be in a good shape and give some small offers to the buyers to make it more attractive.