You wish your car lasted for life. To make the notion a reality, you need to extend the life your car. For longevity, you need to take proper care of your car by undertaking routine servicing by trained professionals. If you ignore these things, your car will break down and you need to spend more money to recover it. Following are tips to protect your investment and your car will last longer.
- Read cars manual and schedule maintenance accordingly to avoid problems with your cooling system, drive-train, and other components. It also helps you adjust some components if its not adjusted.
- Do not use your car for short trips. And also drive your car at-least twice in a week.
- Keep the interior clean and tidy. Protect the interior including seats, leather cover on seats, leather surfaces, rubber mats. It is the place you spend a lot of time in. So always clean it. Even you can keep moisturizing pads under the surfaces which will keep you leather clean and free from cracking.
- Every time you buy gas for your car, watch out for leakage of oil, power steering fluid, antifreeze, transmission fluid, and brake fluid.
- Check the colors of the oils in the car. If the oil is burnt and is black, replace it immediately.
- Regularly change your oil as well as oil filters, else it gives less gas mileage and keeps your engine in a bad state.
- When you try to pack the luggage on roof of the car, use blankets or mats to prevent scratches on the roof of the car. Also coat a wax or paint at-least twice a year on your car to look exterior part of the car in a good condition. This will helps you increase resale value.
- Change air filter once in a few months. Your filter can lower gas mileage.
- Flush some of the fuels mentioned in the manual, otherwise it will build gum like sticky substance.
- Always buy the gas at reputable service stations.
- Always monitor your brake system and do not let the wearing down of brake pads.
- For every twice a year, rotate tires in a diagonal to reduce the wearing and tearing and thus extends the life of the tires.
- Keep the tires inflated up to the required level.
- Whenever you are going to drive your car, start the car slowly and drive off slowly until the car reaches operating temperature. This will reduce the strain on the engine.
- Wash your car regularly because the dirt of the road will remain in the cars body. This will remains costly repairs.
These tips are useful in extending the life of your car but be make sure that take your car for regular servicing to keep your car in good condition for a long time.