It is important to clean the equipment used in the kitchen to get rid of the bacteria or germs for a healthy living. The most used kitchen equipment is the oven. Cleaning of a oven depends on the type of the oven because different ovens needs to be cleaned in different ways and here are few tips for cleaning the ovens:
- For cleaning a self cleaning oven read the instructions in the owners manual. To clean such ovens less efforts are required and they have to be set to a particular temperature, as mentioned in the manual. Due to the heat, all the food particles and spills inside it get turned into ash and clean the ash with damp cloth. For cleaning the door and the frame of the oven use soap and water to clean.
- For cleaning non self cleaning ovens you have to put considerable efforts to clean them and follow the instructions given in the owners manual before cleaning the oven.
- These ovens come with a built-in mechanism wherein as you use the oven, simultaneously it keeps on getting cleaned by itself and the only thing you need to do is clean the interiors with the damp cloth after every use.
- If you are using commercial sprays or cleaning agents for cleaning the ovens it is better to wear gloves.
- One of the best solvent to clean the oven is to mix the baking soda and vinegar in equal quantities and a few drops of liquid dish soap to it. Clean the interiors and the exteriors of the oven with this mixture.
- Remove any loose crumbs and debris from your microwave with a damp dishcloth.
- If the microwave has developed a nasty smell, wash it with a solution of 1/4 cup of baking soda dissolved in 1 quarter of warm water and rinse with water and allow to dry.
- When food spills over and burns on the oven floor, sprinkle a handful of salt on the mess. The smoke will be reduced and the spill is easier to clean after the oven cools.
By following the above tips, you can keep your oven clean and neat.