Microwave oven is an electrical device which is used in the kitchen for heating the foods and also to brown or bake the food. Microwave ovens generate heat and you should be careful while operating the microwave oven. Here are some safety tips that can be helpful for you:
- Make sure the door seals properly and there is no damage to latches, hinges, door seals or oven surfaces.
- Do not operate the oven in empty condition as no-load condition can cause excess leakage and damage.
- If the small quantities of the food are re heated for long time then they can burn, spark, or catch fire.
- Do not use the microwave oven for deep frying and never heat oil for the purpose of the same.
- Keep at least five centimeters space between the back of the oven and the wall immediately near it as it allows the exhaust air to escape.
- Do not cook eggs with the shells as they explode and also it is good to not to heat the liquids in the bottles with closed lid.
- Milk or any food for kids must be heated on simmer mode only.
- The revolving glass plate needs to be cleaned on a regular basis to prevent contamination from biological buildup.
- Do not use brown paper bag for popcorn as these bags can catch the fire.
- Do not stand in front of operating oven for long time.
- Remove the foods cooked in the oven carefully because these foods can be very hot for several minutes immediately after cooking.
- Pierce vegetables and fruits with tight skin to prevent them from bursting before cooking them in the microwave oven.
- If food catches fire turn off the oven, remove the plug out, but do not open the door of the oven.
- Do not install the oven near gas burners or near radios or TVs.
- Utensils made up of metal should not be placed in the microwave oven because they can damage the oven or can create fire.
- Do not use steel wool or strong abrasives to clean the microwave oven. You can use water and mild detergent for cleaning.
The above are the various safety tips t be followed while operating a oven.