Taking healthy food in your daily diet keeps your teeth healthy. Else, unhealthy diet lead to formation of cavities in your teeth. Following are some healthy food items which keep your teeth healthy.
- Include raw foods such as carrots, salads, apples and celery in your diet which will help you to prevent cavities which are formed because of the formation of plaque on teeth.
- Don’t take too much sugary items between the meals because it will harm your teeth. This is the main item responsible for growing the plaque on your teeth. But if you take less quantity of sugar with the meals, there will be a less harm to to your teeth.
- Green tea which acts as a anti-oxidant which prevents the formation of tooth cavities and tooth decay. This is an excellent way to preserve your teeth.
- Include dairy products such as milk, cheese and yoghurt that prevent gum diseases because of the calcium and phosphate contents present in the dairy products which promotes healthy teeth and also it balances pH value by producing more saliva, rebuilds tooth enamel and kills the bacteria that cause gum diseases.
- Choose fruits which are rich in vitamin C which prevents the gums from getting tender as well as gum diseases.
- Include vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, pumpkin which are rich in vitamin A helps in forming the tooth enamel. It will also clean your teeth and massage your gums.
- Include the food items such as breads, cereals, beef, chicken, eggs, and other grain products, that provide vitamin C and vitamin D which helps in strengthening of the teeth.
Last but not the least drink adequate water daily. It help you nourish your teeth, hydrate your gums and wash away the food particles which are trapped between the teeth that can create plaque.