Florida is one of the popular tourist locations in the world. It has plenty of activities that keep the people busy. Florida’s calender is packed with many festivals. Some of these festivals are considered to be the biggest events that bring huge crowds from all over the world. Following are some famous festivals of Florida:
- St. Augustine Nights of Lights: St. Augustine is the oldest city in the US. This city has historical buildings that look beautiful during holiday season as about two million lights are strung throughout this city. This festival celebrates the season of holidays by lightening the beaches and the entire city for residents as well as visitors to make them enjoy. There are many events organized in this town throughout the month, this includes ice-skating, concerts that has parade and Christmas music.
- Biketoberfest: This festival is organized in Daytona Beach that attracts many bikers from around the world. It includes motorcycle shows, rides and rallies along the races at Daytona International speedway. Whether you are riding or not, you get to enjoy many events in this festival. This festival offers great opportunities for photographers.
- Zora Festival: Zora festival is held in the city called Eatonville of Florida in the month of January. It celebrates the life of a very famous folklorist and anthropologist (anthropology is the study of humankind and culture) Zora Neale Hurston. She was a fascinating person in American history. Her achievements and experiences are more than worth study by all the people around the world. Zora represented her home town Eatonville, one of the first black towns in America. This festival includes musicians playing African drums, sale of African Baitik dresses, music by Jazz played live and some cultural events highlight roots of African American in an informative and entertaining way.
- Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival: This festival is held in the second week of October. It offers local people and visitors arts of high quality, great food and live entertainment. Around 150 artists from Central Florida display their artwork in this festival organized in downtown winter park in Florida. Their artwork includes ceramics, paintings, drawings, photography and sculptures.
- Navarre Beach Sand Sculpting Festival: The world’s best artists come to Florida to show their skills by creating magic with sand of Navarre beach. Other than this, festivals of Navarre beach include sand sculpting contest and sand sculpting demonstrations. This event happens in September.