Florida is one of the famous tourist locations in the world. There are many attractive tourist spots that makes people visit this Sun Shine state. When it comes to enjoyment, Florida is considered a home for many visitors as it offers many exciting places for having fun not only for adults but also for children of all ages.
Famous tourist locations in Florida
1. Walt Disney World: This is one of the famous tourist spots located near Orlando in lake Buena vista. It was established on 1st October 1971. Walt Disney world includes theme parks, water parks, down town Disney area with night entertainment and shopping making it the best place for enjoying. It is for this reason that large number of tourist visit this place. It consists the following :
- Theme Parks
- Magic Kingdom: This is famous for iconic Cinderella castle which is one of the most photographic buildings of the world. Magic kingdom was opened to public on 1st October 1971 and is the original park of Walt Disney World.
- Epcot: Epcot has two sections that are very unique – World showcase and Future World. World showcase has pavilions that represent eleven nations along with entertainment, attractions, food and architecture. Future world has Pavilions that are dedicated to environment, technology, imaginations, automotive industry and space. This park is mostly recognized for its iconic geosphere called Spaceship Earth.
- Disney Hollywood studios: This park is famous for the rides it has in Walt Disney World Stunt.
- Disney Animal Kingdom: This park is animal based with static displays and interactive rides. Most famous one is the Kilimangaro safari ride and a roller coaster ride. Animals like elephants and lions are also there in this park. Disney Animal kingdom is recognized by iconic Tree of Life.
- Water Parks
- Typhoon Lagoon: It has gentle slides, a tropical snorkeling experience with shark and a giant surf wave pool.
- Blizzard Beach: This park has more thrilling slides than typhoon lagoon and is known as Florida’s ski resort.
- Downtown Disney area
- An outdoor entertainment is famous for dinning, shopping and night life. This also includes Rainforest Cafe, Planet Bollywood, Interactive theme park, Pleasure Island, etc.
2. South Beach
This beach is a playground that offers non-stop night life, architecture, sandy shores and many more. South beach stretches upto Atlantic for miles and is considered perfect for sunbathing, early morning walk and runs. The water is clear. This is the best spot for viewing city lights.
3. Atlantic Beach
This beach is one of the best places for relaxing, plenty of sunshine, sand is soft and clear with water surrounded. This beach is nearby to Jacksonville that makes convenient for tourist.
4. Jungle Island
Visiting Jungle Island is fun. It offers educational opportunities to see some tropical birds. It organizes educational programs frequently. Animals in Jungle Island include parrots, penguins, flamingos, cranes, tigers, kangaroos, monkeys, reptiles (snakes) and many more. Jungle Island offers following shows:
- Tale of tiger in jungle theater
- The adventure of Dr. Wasabi in Serpentarium
- Winged Wonders in Parrot Bowl
5. Miami Science Museum
This museum offers educational and entertaining experience for adults and children. It is an ideal place for a school field trip or for family outing.
It is one of the best public parks in the U.S., that lies on the south tip of Florida. This park is home to some endangered species that include panther, crocodile and Indian manatee. People can canoe through the watery park called ‘the river of grass’.