Flooring your home is an important aspect that you need to consider while you go for constructing a new home or renovating your current one. There is a range of options for flooring available. You need to make optimal choice as per our requirement. Of all the flooring options, it is good to choose stone flooring, it is good option. In this article, we discuss the benefits and drawbacks of stone flooring.
Benefits of Stone Flooring
- Natural: Stones are obtained from nature with lovely colors. We get it in different types like marble, granite, limestone, slate, etc. from nature. This will be a good option for nature lovers to make their house with a lavish look.
- Wide Varieties: We get different types of stones with different textures, shapes and colors. So, with these wide options we can choose the best one which suites our interior design.
- Durable: It is durable in nature. It can withstand to wear and tear. When you look at its lifespan, is exceptional. You can use it till your lifetime.
- Elegant Appearance: It’s been using from centuries. Stone flooring gives an elegant and classy look to your house.
- Repolishable: As years goes on, it may lose its shine, or you may find scratches on it. No need to worry about it. You can re-polish it and bring back lavish look again to your floor.
- Easy to Clean: It is easy to clean or wash the stone floor when we compare with other flooring. This may be the hygienic choice out of them.
Drawbacks of Stone Flooring:
- Expensive: Both the price of stone flooring and the cost of its installation are high. So, it depends upon the individual’s budget to invest on flooring or not.
- Limited Chemical & Stain Resistant: Stone flooring is susceptible to certain chemicals and stains. Example: Most of the detergents contain chlorine which will spoil the polish of the floor. Proper care & maintenance is required to avoid awkward look.
- Unpleasant Feel to Feet: Stone flooring is cool by its nature. It gives comfort in hot climates. But in cool climate zones, you may feel unpleasant to walk and some sort of freezing. It is not good to walk with sock feet, as these are slippery in nature.
These points give clarity about the benefits and drawbacks of stone flooring. Have a renovation plan with appropriate budget in hand, when you start working. This helps get the job done easily.