If you want to sell a used car, you have to make it look new before you put for sale to attract buyers. No person want to buy a car that is in bad condition. Readying a car to make it look new is known as Grooming of car or Auto detailing. There are many ways you can do yourself or you can hire a technician to change the look of used car into a new car.
Following are the tips to make a used car to look new:
- The first and the foremost thing is to paint the exterior part of your car because the first impression falls on this part when anybody seems this part. If any cracks are there or you find any bends in the shape of the car try to repair it and use the wax for smoothing, and then paint the car.
- If everything is good on the exterior of the car, wash your car with a mild shampoos to remove dirt.
- Clean inside part of your car by detailing the interior part of your car. Take help of professional to clean the inside dust. He will wash and polish your car’s interior.
- Clean the stains or spills under or beneath the seats where the trash and dust can accumulate.
- Always clean and wax the car in shade because it does not work when you do in the sunlight.
- Replace if you find any chips or cracks in mirrors or windows.
- Replace tires if they are not in good condition. If the old wheels are in good condition, use tire shine on the sidewalls to look new and clean.
- Check whether the parts like windshield wipers, headlights, lens covers etc. are in proper shape, cracked or broken, or burned out. If you find any problem, replace it.
- Lubricate all the door latches, hood and truck releases so that they don’t squeak.
It is better if you take your car to a mechanic to check the problems and fix them.