Driving a car when it is raining is quite a challenging task. Due to the wet whether and water all on the road, the tires may lose traction increasing the chances of skidding. One more difficulty is that the driver is unable to have a clear perception about the other vehicles coming from the opposite end because of heavy rain. Rain is one of the prominent causes for road accidents. Hence, it is the duty of every car owner to know and follow few thing to avoid any uncertainties that may happened due to rain. Below is the list of such things which should be implemented to have a safer travel even in heavy rain.
- Always minimize your speed when it is raining. As already mentioned the tires loss traction on the watery roads, it is important to go in a normal speed regardless of how expert you are in driving.
- Switch on you head lights even though it is day time. This enables you to see the vehicles on the road and also let the other motorists see your vehicle. However, do not use the high beam lights, as the light may reflect back at you off the water from the droplets in the air and also obstructs opposite motorist to see the vehicle clearly. Better to turn on the fog lights to avoid all such inconveniences.
- Avoid driving through the running water. If the road is flooded with water drive more slowly and cautiously. Do not enter the road unless you are sure about the depth of the water level.
- Always maintain enough distance from the vehicles on your front. Don’t try to overtake them.
- Apply brakes a few seconds before it is required. Due to less traction it make take few more seconds to come to rest. Therefore, make sure that you are using brakes appropriately.
- If you are anticipating that the rain will become much heavier in the course of time better to postpone your travel.
- Turn on your wipers. Even before the rainy season starts make sure that the wipers are in good condition or need any replacement so that they are functional at the hours of need.
Following these steps may make your travel in rains much safer.