San Juan Capistrano is a city in the southern part of Orange County, in U.S states of California. It is located in the downtown Santa Ana. Capistrano is famous for many historic tourist locations. Some of them are:
Major tourist locations:
Mission San Juan Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano is the city with many historic missions for which it is named as Mission San Juan Capistrano. This Spanish mission was founded in the year 1776, got popular by the Native Americans. The mission is famous for the Great Stone Church, Mission Museum, San Juan catholic Church and the Chapel at the old mission. About half-a-million visitors/tourists, including 80,000 school children, come to the Mission San Juan Capistrano every year.
Mission Basilica San Juan Capistrano
Mission Basilica San Juan Capistrano is a place of pilgrimage and peace, a prominent church building that serves as the venue to varied and spiritually uplifting concerts/tourists. The church was opened in 1986. The church building is located northwest of Mission San Juan Capistrano. The church was given the name of minor Basilica in the year 2000, and got national shrine in 2003.
Trabuco Creek is a long stream in southern California in the United States of America. The Creek flows into San Juan Creek in the city of San Juan Capistrano. The creek lies mostly in the Orange County but the lower section of the creek is moderately polluted by urban and agricultural run-off. A long narrow O’Neil regional park is made from the original land of Rancho Trabuco in 1982. This is famous for off-roading, fishing, hiking, etc.
El Adobe De Capistrano
El Adobe De Capistrano is a restaurant located in Capistrano, California. This has been operated since 1948, opened by Mr. Clarence for the wedding and reception of the First Commandant of Camp Pendleton. The former president Richard Nixon used to visit restaurant many times as his home “Western White House” is nearby El Adobe Capistrano. The north portion of the restaurant was built as the home of Miguel Yorba in 1797. The southern portion, Juzgado Jail cell which was formed in 1812, now serves as the restaurant’s wine cellar.
Apart from these, there are many other historic and entertaining tourist spots that are worth watching.