Most of the carpets in the homes are placed in the living room. So there is each and every possibility that they get stained very easily. It might be a candy or an ice cream or an accidental blood stain which may stain your carpet. So, here are few steps to remove different kinds of stains from your carpet.
- To get rid of cheese stains from the carpet take some ammonia and mix it with some water. Spray this liquid of the stain and blot the moisture using a tissue paper. Repeat the process till the stain vanishes. After that clean that area with normal water.
- To remove gum from the carpet apply some peanut butter on that area and leave it for one or two minutes. Now remove the butter along with the gum using a wet cloth. Finally clean the area with some soap water.
- Milk stains can also be removed very easily from the carpet. Just take some washing detergent and add some water to it. Using a spray bottle wet the stain using this solution and blot it using a tissue paper. Continue the process till the stain is vanished.
- If there are any nail polish stains on your carpet try to remove them using nail polish remover.
- To remove wine stains from the carpet take three ounces of vinegar and six ounces of water and spray this on the stained area. After a minute blot it using tissue paper and repeat the process till the stain vanishes.
- To remove tea stains take 3% of hydrogen peroxide and apply it on the stain using a small cloth. Leave it for one hour and after that clean that area with tap water.
- Club soda is also a good solution for removing instant stains.
- Make up stains can also be removed effectively using some alcohol. Just dip a cotton swab in the alcohol and apply it on the stained area. Remove the excess moisture using tissue paper.
These are a few tips which helps you in cleaning the stains effectively from the carpets. However it is always better to remove the stains when they were still wet.