Employees are the important assets for any organization. Value and success of an organization depends on the performance of the employees. Recruitment strategies provide competitive advantage for a company. So the hiring should be done carefully, methodically and strategically. Here are the few tips to hire and retain a top employee:
- Successful companies know the skills they need in the future and what type of persons will fit in. So the recruitment process should be continuous.
- It is better to know the skills and personality traits that will make a person successful in a given job and based on that the companies prepare the job description. Job description should also ensure that the applicant has a clear understanding of responsibility, authority and expected results.
- The companies should interview number of candidates instead of selecting the first person.
- Test the candidates for positive attitude, high energy, good character, learning and hunger for growth and examine the track record of the applicants.
- It is important for companies to communicate expectations and metrics clearly to the new employees.
- Talented people expect their contributions to be acknowledged and their compensation to reflect their impact, so provide an attractive compensation.
- Mentoring helps the new employees to develop management skills and learn how to work with people with diverse background, culture, and language and personality types.
- Optimal utilization of the human resources is necessary for the success of an organization, so provide the informal feedback and coaching, cross training and opportunities for advancement.
- An employee who is walking out the company will be more honest and forthcoming, so conduct the exit interviews to get the information.
By following the above tips one can hire top employees in their organization.