Healthy diet is a balanced diet and is called when a person eats a wide variety of foods, as different foods make different nutritional contributions. A balanced diet keeps the person healthy and reduces the risk of getting illness by preventing diseases such as heart diseases, cancer, and diabetes, as well as defending against depression. Healthy eating can also improve energy, sharpens memory and stabilizes the mood. Following are the some of the tips to construct a healthy diet:
- Eating foods like fruits, vegetables, beans and grains which are rich in fibers is very beneficial. These are nutritious and relatively low in calories. These foods also provide vitamins, minerals, and photochemical.
- Antioxidant present in the foods like broccoli, carrots, cantaloupe, and citrus fruits protects the individuals from certain types of cancer and other diseases.
- Eat the food which contains less saturated fat as it helps in increasing cholesterol in the body and also it is good to eat food which contain less sugar and salt. Keep the cholesterol intake below 300 milligrams per day.
- Eat more fish and nuts, which contain healthy unsaturated fats.
- Eating wide variety of foods provides all the essential nutrients and also prevents the individuals from exposure to any pesticides or toxic substances that may be present in one particular food.
- Calcium is essential for the strong bones and teeth. Calcium is present in milk and other low fat yogurt.
- It is better to have small and healthy meals through out the day instead of having heavy meals at once.
- Drinking enough water is good. It is better to drink about 1.2 liters or 6 to 8 glasses every day.
- Maintain a balanced weight and the energy intake must match the energy output. To do this exercises and other physical activities are essential.
- It is good to avoid alcohol, if it not possible, take it in moderate levels that is one drink a day for women, two a day for men. Consumption of alcohol leads to variety of health problems.
Planning a health diet is only the best solution to keep your body fit and free from problems, hence start planning your health diet from today itself.