Little black dress for women is the best suited dress for cocktail parties. The dress for the cocktail parties must be dressy and elegant, but not too formal. Below are some tips for women to dress up for a cocktail party:
- If the invitation came by phone or e-mail it is better to go with casual and if the invitation you received is a formal invitation it is advised to go formally for the party.
- It is good to choose dress and skirt lengths from mini to just above the ankles and avoid anything resembling a full length sequined gown for cocktail parties.
- Choose the fabric according to the season in which the party is going to be held, woolen dresses are good for fall or winter season. Satin, silk, rayon and fine gauge knits are great for the spring and summer months. These dresses can be provided with extra attraction with wearing accessories like jewelry, handbags, shoes and wraps.
- It is good to attend after work party in formal suit, a black wool dress with stockings and pumps is a simple solution for fall or winter.
- Go to more casual after work gathering in a dressy casual outfit. Pair a wool skirt with a fitted turtleneck and leather flats for winter parties. Consider a fine knit twinset, slim satin pants and low heeled mules for the parties in the summer.
- It is advised to wear a printed A-line sundress to a cocktail party on a weekend afternoon and a flirty or elegant ensemble for the same in the evenings.
- Wear the accessories like jewelry, hand bags, ear rings and shoe. See to that they match with the color and material of the dress.
Cocktail parties are very light, hence minimal clothing and accessories are very much recommendable.